Shrink Tracker

Saturday, June 14, 2014

There has to be room for cheating

Seriously.  I mean it when I say I want to be healthy.  I do.  I want to try my hardest to eat good live food (live food meaning having lots of vitamins in it).  I strongly believe that if you focus on that, your body will get where it needs to be.  It has no other choice.  Along with eating good live food, water...this is also an important factor.  Even though I know all this, there has to be room for some cheating.  I have been on some strict diets in the past.  I mean super strict and though I have lost weight and it seems like things are going well, I get to a point of melt down.  I binge and when I mean binge that is being kind.  So I have learned that there has to be room for cheating.  With that, you have to know yourself.  You have to be responsible for cheating.  Responsible cheating, moderation, portion control. So that being said, as you can see according to my ticker above, that I am 8 lbs down.  Yay me! Also, I know that this is going to go slow and so I need to be patient.  So here is what I made the other day.

This is what it looks like.  Pizza that is made from a cauliflower crust.  It really is good.  I mean don't get me wrong.  I love the yummy greasy fatty pizza just like the next person, but as substitutes go, this isn't bad and full of lots of vitamins.  I usually grate up a couple of heads of cauliflower and make a ton of crusts to freeze and then when I want one, I pull it out, put sauce, mozzarella cheese and a few slices of pepperoni and cook for about 12 min. in the oven and walla!  The sauce is diced tomatoes blended up with a few of my favorite spices. I will put the recipe for the cauliflower pizza crust under my recipe page if anyone is interested.

No comments: